Dr. Hemant Jain
Dr Hemant Jain is a Surgical Gastroenterogist with special focus on laparoscopic surgeries and GI cancer Surgeries. Having trained at world-class high volume centres like All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGI) Lucknow, Tata Memorial Hospital (TMH) Mumbai, ILBS New Delhi, LTMMCH (Sion hospital) Mumbai, Dr Hemant Jain has rich surgical experience. Complicated and redo GI surgeries, laparoscopic surgeries, GI Cancer surgeries are his expertise.His scope of work is:
- Cancer surgeries of Escophagus, Stomach, Pancreas, Liver, Gallbladder, Bile duct, Small Intestine, Rectum, Colon.
- Portal Hypertension Surgery – Shunt, Devascularisation.
- Surgery of Inflammatory bowel disease ( Ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease) – Subtotal colectomy, IPAA ( ileal pouch-anal anastomosis), Sticturoplasty.
- Surgery for Chronic pancreatitis – Freys Surgery, DPPHR, WPD.
- Laparoscopic Appendicectomy.
- Laparoscopic/ open incisional hernia repair.
- Management of enterocutaneous fistula.
- Management of bile duct injury and benign biliary stricture.
- Management of acute pancreatitis and its sequelae.
- Management of cystic lesions of the pancreas.
- Surgery for corrosive stricture Esophagus ( Gastric pull up, colonic pull up).
- Laparoscopic surgery for GERD, Hiatus hernia, Achalasia cardia – Fundoplication, Cardiomyotomy.
- Laparoscopic rectopexy for rectal prolapse.
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Medical College, Pune.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Sion, Mumbai.
Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik.
PDF (Hepatobiliary surgery)
Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
- Senior Resident at Department Of General Surgery, Lokmanya Tilak Medical College and Hospital, Sion, Mumbai 01.08.2009 to 22.12.2009.
- Senior Resident in Surgical Oncology at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai 28.12.2009 to 05.02.2011.
- Lecturer at Department Of General Surgery, Jehangir Hospital, Pune for 4 Months in 2011.
- Senior Resident at Institute Of Liver and Biliary Sciences, Department Of Hepatopancreatobiliary and Liver Transplant Surgery, Delhi 02.12.2011 to 23.08.2012.
- Lecturer at Department Of General Surgery, Kem Hospital, Pune 07.09.2012 to 16.01.2013.
- Fellow in Dept of Gastrointestinal Surgery and Liver Transplant, Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai 21.01.2013 to 28.05.2013.
- Senior Resident (Academic) At Department Of Gastrointestinal Surgery And Liver Transplant At All India Institute Of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi (As Part Of MCH Course)
- Post-Doctoral Fellow In Hepatobiliary Gastrosurgery at SGPGIMS, Lucknow 02.08.2016 To 02.08.2017
- Associating liver partition and portal vein ligation for staged hepatectomy: will the morbidity of an additional surgery be outweighed by better patient outcomes in the long-term? Jain HA, Bharathy KG, Negi SS. Ann Surg. 2012 Sep;256(3):e10 (LETTER TO EDITOR)
- Combined presence of multiple gastrointestinal stromal tumours along with duodenal submucosal somatostatinoma in a patient with neurofibromatosis type1 .Kumar T, Gupta B, Das P, Jain D, Jain HA, Madhusudhan KS, Dash NR, Gupta SD. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2016 Jul-Sep;59(3):359-61. doi: 10.4103/0377-4929.188123.